Vietnam Embassy in Stockholm

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Regulation regarding marriage in Vietnam between Vietnamese and foreigner

1 . Regulation:
The Embassy of Vietnam in Stockholm, Sweden hereby informs that according to Vietnamese Law, the following documents requested for getting marriage in Vietnam between a Vietnamese citizen living in
  1. Vietnam and a Vietnamese people residing abroad or a foreigner:
    Marriage Licence or Certificate of non-impediment of marriage.
  2. Resident Certificate.
  3. Certificate of Single Status.
  4. Transcript of Police or Crime Certificate of local police.
  5. Birth Certificate.
  6. Health Certificate including HIV, venereal disease and hapatitis diagnosisis.
  7. Photocopy of Passport or Travel Document (only first pages consisting of Passport number, date of issue, date of expiry, issuing authority, photo, full name, birth day...).

If the applicant is divorced or widowed, it is requested to supplement with one of the following papers:

  1. Divorce Decision by the local court or competent authorities and Declaration of dissolution of marriage signed by the applicant and his/her former spouse in case of divorce.
  2. Death Certificate in case of being widowed.

It is requested all the above mentioned documents to be certified by the local notary public and the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the country in which the applicant is residing before being forwarded to the Embassy of Vietnam for translation and ligalisation.

2. Fee payment:
The fee should be paid in Swedish kronor in cash, check or PostGiro. 

The fee should be paid in Swedish kronor in cash, check or post giro.
For more information, please contact the Chancery of the Embassy
Tel. : +46 8 55 62 1082
Fax: +46 8 55 62 1080
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it